Ep. 4 - Aaron & Alisha Soule - Building a Lifestyle & Knowing When to Scale
Aaron & Alisha Soule, owners of Three Rivers Consulting and parents of three, are sharing their journey of building their company while navigating the uncertain path of knowing when to scale and how to keep their family afloat without the security of a 9-5 income. Also as a bonus for any non-profit leaders listening, there are some great nuggets about how you should be pivoting your programming right now in the second half of the episode.
- Nothing is off the table for discussion. Communicate about everything.
- Stay united and together no matter what. Dig deep enough to know that every disagreement can be worked through. At the end of the day, you’re always on the same team.
- Be quick to say you’re sorry and willing to listen and understand where the other person is coming from.
- Give each other grace and realize that we’re all a work in progress.
- Slow down and don’t be reactionary.
- Take stock of your donor base, especially 1st and 2nd tier donors and know where they are and what their commitment is
- Find ways to lean into what’s happening in the world right now. How have your constituents been impacted by it, and adjust your programming and funding needs accordingly
- Learn more about Aaron & Alisha’s business, Three Rivers Consulting, where they help organizations (both nonprofits and for-profit businesses) build financial integrity, operational excellence, organizational strength, and sustainable growth.
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Mixing Business with Pleasure, let’s talk.