Ep. 7 - Part 2 - Mickeli & Allison Bedore - Bringing on an Outside Partner
Mickeli & Allison Bedore are married serial entrepreneurs who left behind their successful corporate careers to start numerous businesses together while also parenting their two amazing kids. Current co-owners of Closers Media, they brought on an outside business partner, which really accelerated their business. If you haven't already, make sure you listen to part 1 of this conversation, to learn how these two got to where they are and the lessons they learned along the way.
Make sure you listen to part 1 of this amazing conversation, to get the origin story of these couplepreneurs and all the lessons they learned along the way.
- 00:41 | You need to carefully evaluate your strengths and play to those. Then bring in or partner with people who fill in the major gaps.
- 2:35 | Conventional wisdom says that husband and wife teams shouldn’t bring on an outside partner into the business. But sometimes you need to trust your gut.
- 3:43 | A business partnership is like a marriage to a certain extent.
- 5:44 | Write that ops agreement like a prenup.
- 10:05 | Be very objective when selecting a partner - write out a job description.
- 16:24 | Work-life balance doesn’t really exist. Being an entrepreneur means you have to be ok with a bit of imbalance
- 27:00 | Entrepreneur parents can show their children how “people can make fire with their hands”
- 32:41 | Your kids don’t really care about how “successful” you are. They care about how you behave, what you taught them and how you spent time with them. We sometimes put too much emphasis on business success.
- 38:57 | Make sure you actually enjoy what you do and that you enjoy working together
- 40:30 | Make sure that what you are doing is something you are really good at, because then it’s easy and fun. Just because you like fishing doesn't mean you sell fishing tackle successfully
- Learn more about Mickeli & Allison’s business, Closers Media.
- Tune into Mickeli & Allison’s podcast, Coffee & Closers.
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Mixing Business with Pleasure, let’s talk.