Ep. 19 - Amanda Greenberg & Noah Bornstein - Waking Up the World
Amanda and Noah are the founders of Balloon. They built their SaaS platform to solve a problem they both experienced in past roles (and we’re pretty sure you’ve experienced it, too). It’s called group dynamics: It undermines the collective brainpower of teams, limits companies’ potentials, and results in horrible decision-making with false starts and wasted cycles. These two dynamic tech founders started their company in 2015, while also starting their family, moving across country and meeting with potential investors while Amanda was pregnant with their son first son, Wake. Listen to get the full episode, it's a good one!
- In many ways, your spouse is the perfect person to be your co-founder. It can be an ideal compliment in terms of trust, alignment, worth ethic and all these other things that really have to come together.
- Do your research and find out where needs are in the market. What isn’t accounted for and or being solved? Dig in to that.
- Technology is not only an innovative tool for the types of tasks we can do at work and where we can do work, but also in how employees can communicate, contribute and have their voice heard. It has the ability to create a more inclusive, better workplace.
- There will never be a perfect time to start your company. Whether money is tight or your family is growing or whatever...there will always be a reason to wait, but if you feel pulled by the problem you’re solving or need you’re meeting, you’ll find a way to make it happen.
- Be brave. Make the hard, fear-filled decisions early on. Just keep going and know there will be ups & downs, but you can push through.
- You can’t skip steps—especially when it’s your first company. Each of those different pieces or decisions makes you a better leader & founder.
- Define who you want to be in the marketplace, what you want to stand for and what your internal values are that drive the business decisions.
- Don’t let anyone’s preconceived notions of you derail you from your goal.
- Hire a phenomenal team. This includes amazing, reliable childcare.
- Collaborate & leave space for each other. You’ll reach the best outcome with both of you engaged and involved.
- Learn more about Noah & Amanda’s company, Balloon
- Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/balloonplatform/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BalloonPlatform
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BalloonPlatform
- Amanda's Twitter: https://twitter.com/AKGreenberg
- Noah's Twitter: https://twitter.com/NoahBornstein
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/balloonplatform
- Amanda's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amandagreenberg/
- Noah's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/noahbornstein/
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @mbwp_podcast
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Follow us on Spotify
- Check us out on Google Podcasts
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Mixing Business with Pleasure, let’s talk.