Ep. 22 - Jim & Chantea Goetz - Perfecting Mind & Body
Today’s guests, Jim and Chantea Goetz are married entrepreneurs and fellow podcasters from New Jersey—where they own and run a health & fitness company called Functionised.
Like many of our guests, love definitely came first for these two! They met over 20 years ago in college and have now been married for 15 years. They are also parents of three (four if you count their business as their last “baby”).
Prior to opening their business, they worked in separate jobs but often in the same industry.
And while their careers were often parallel, Jim & Chantea are obviously the perfect complement to one another in and outside of work.
Through Functionised, Chantea focuses on the health & wellness of the human mind while Jim focuses on the body. Together, they offer a wide range of holistic wellness services to their customers.
We absolutely loved the tips, dreams and goals these two shared with us and we know you’re going to gain so much valuable insight from our chat as well. Here are just a few of the secrets of their success in life, love and business:
- Don’t be swayed by people telling you they’d never work with their spouse. Working together opens up new ways for you to grow as a couple. It gives you the gift of time together to stay more in sync, harmonized and productive at home and in your business.
- Mix your business and pleasure! Keep work fun and take any moments you can to embrace being together. Have a lunch date in the middle of the work day. Keep a bottle of wine at the office for a late Friday night. Enjoy life!
- Rest when you can. It’s not easy balancing a business, a relationship, family and life in general, but you have to prioritize routines, going to bed on time and taking time for yourself.
- Good sleep is crucial. Before bed, do a brain dump and write out everything you're thinking of. Go ahead and make your plans for the next day to put your mind at ease.
- Create smart, attainable goals. As humans, the more that we accomplish, the more motivation we have to accomplish more. Start small.
- Hone in on the passion behind your goals. The why matters.
- To grow your organization, you have to give up some amount of control. Hire help or bring in another partner, but be sure to find people you trust who align with your values and core beliefs.
- Self-care is not selfish. When you’re the best version of yourself, you’re the best parent you can be. You're the best spouse you can. You’re the best business owner you can be. It all starts from within.
- Create structure and don’t try to multitask. Focus on what you’re doing until it’s done.
- Your kids are listening and absorbing the things you say to and around them. Include them in your business when and where you can. Let them learn from you.
We truly adored our time spent talking to this strong, loving couple. We know you’re going to learn so much from them, too!
More From Our Couple
- Learn more about Jim & Chantea’s business, Functionised and FitLab.
- Tune in to Jim & Chantea’s podcast
- Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/functionised/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/functionised, https://www.facebook.com/jimgoetzfit & https://www.facebook.com/chanteagoetzfitness
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/chantea-goetz-phd-s-m-s-ces-42843b42 & https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesgoetznewjersey/
Mixing Business with Pleasure:
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @mbwp_podcast
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Follow us on Spotify
- Check us out on Google Podcasts
One last thing before you go...
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Mixing Business with Pleasure, let’s talk.
If you never want to miss a single tantalizing moment or update from Mixing Business with Pleasure, subscribe to our newsletter.