Ep. 18 - Jenn Gotzon & Jim E. Chandler - Films, Faith & Family
If you’re one of our many listeners who loves nothing more this time of the year than pouring yourself a glass of wine, popping a big ole bowl of popcorn and snuggling up to watch Hallmark Christmas movies, you’re in luck this week! Today, we’re chatting with married actors, producers, business owners and brand new parents, Jenn Gotzon & Jim E. Chandler. Together, they starred in the movie The Farmer And The Belle: Saving Santaland and own a franchise by the same name. They also produced the movie through their production company, Idealist-Gotzon Films.
- Build your relationship on a firm foundation of truth, hope, passion and friendship—and allow those to carry you through your marriage and business.
- If you’re a person of faith, consider how your faith plays a part in your life, your relationship and your business. Don’t be afraid to lean into it, but in a way that’s inclusive and doesn’t alienate people.
- Communicate with your partner about your thought process and let them know when you’re not feeling heard. Honesty and compassion should always lead your conversations.
- When deciding your next step or your next niche, go back to your mission and let that drive you.
- Keep working toward your dream and your vision. It may not happen overnight, but if it’s worth pursuing, you’ll get there.
- Put yourself out there and get creative with your funding & collaborative possibilities. People want to know you and are looking for your passion in your project or business. You’re ultimately what they’re investing in.
- Find out how you compliment each other and rely on one another’s strengths. Honor and celebrate your differences, and see how they make you stronger together.
- Things may not work out exactly as you envisioned, but that’s okay. Your business, your product, your film can still be a success. There are many paths to take and options to pursue.
- Support, encourage and uplift the value of your partner in all that you do. Mutual respect is crucial.
- Focus on positive thoughts & truths. What you meditate on and repeat in your head affects your reality.
- Be open. Be open to learning, growing, failing and succeeding together. Enjoy the journey!
We know you’re going to love every moment of our chat with this beautiful couple! Tune in now and be sure to check out The Farmer and The Belle this holiday season. You can catch the movie at any of the following platforms:
- iTunes: https://apple.co/3knPOzo
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/3fa0Je0
- FandangoNow: https://bit.ly/2KhcTql
- Microsoft/Xbox: https://bit.ly/3f4BtWM
- GooglePlay: https://bit.ly/36IaL2l
- YouTube: https://bit.ly/3pF4eOv
- Vimeo: https://bit.ly/3pBOFY2
More From Our Couple:
- Learn more about Jenn & Jim’s film, The Farmer and The Belle
- Learn more about Jenn’s acting, writing and producing career on her IMBD page.
- Learn more about Jim’s acting career on his IMBD page.
- See photos from Jenn & Jim’s wedding and their family farm (also featured in their movie).
- Email: email@example.com
- Farmer and the Bell on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/farmerbellefilm/
- Jenn's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jenngotzon/
- Jim's Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jimjamec/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FarmerBelleFilm/
Mixing Business with Pleasure:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @mbwp_podcast
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Follow us on Spotify
- Check us out on Google Podcasts
One last thing before you go...
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Mixing Business with Pleasure, let’s talk.