Ep. 14 - Jennifer & Michael Gallagher - Dream Big & Drink Good Wine
Today’s guests, Jennifer & Michael Gallagher, are married serial entrepreneurs, co-founders and parents to a couple of adorable fur babies. Together, they founded their business and created its signature product, The His & Her Bar—the World's First Aphrodisiac Bar—which was designed to stimulate sexual desire and bring you and your partner even closer. Today, they’re sharing with us the saucy secrets behind how they work in their life, business and love.
- 10:05 | Corporate culture isn’t for everyone. There’s nothing wrong with you. You may be meant for entrepreneurship instead.
- 16:46 | Things happen for a reason. You have the choice whether to interpret it as good or bad for your life.
- 20:53 | Do your research, go all in and don’t leave a stone unturned. Cold call. Knock on doors. Do what you have to do—especially when you have nothing left to lose.
- 29:00 | Sometimes you have to get away from everything and everyone else to grow stronger together.
- 33:28 | Recognize when you need to pivot and do it right away. Don’t wait or let your ego get in the way. Pivoting is not quitting.
- 37:59 | Write down your intentions—even if you don’t fully know what they mean yet.
- 39:53 | Don’t always share your idea when it’s in the infant stages because you may or may not like people’s opinions. And a lot of the time if you get people’s opinions too early on, it can keep you from starting a business in the first place.
- 47:39 | Stay open to shifting your marketing, your messaging and your branding based on your customer feedback.
- 49:40 | Be minimal in expenses. Don’t overbuy your inventory up front.
- 54:00 | Do what feels in alignment with you. Don’t make sales from a lack or scarcity mindset. Do what excites you and what lights you up.
- 1:03:00 | Realize your strengths and your partner’s strengths. Then, play into those and appreciate them.
- Learn more about Jennifer & Michael’s business, His & Her Bar.
- Listen to Michael’s podcast, Mr. Wine Guy Podcast.