Ep. 14 - Jennifer & Michael Gallagher - Dream Big & Drink Good Wine
Today’s guests, Jennifer & Michael Gallagher, are married serial entrepreneurs, co-founders and parents to a couple of adorable fur babies. Together, they founded their business and created its signature product, The His & Her Bar—the World's First Aphrodisiac Bar—which was designed to stimulate sexual desire and bring you and your partner even closer. Today, they’re sharing with us the saucy secrets behind how they work in their life, business and love.
For Jennifer & Michael Gallagher, love definitely came before work. From their first magical meeting on the beach to their obvious passion for one another today, they’re definitely an inspiring, resilient couple who’s meant to be.
Michael is a Navy Veteran & Former Firefighter who followed his passion for wine to create The Mr. Wine Guy Podcast, where he interviews some of the most talented winemakers in the world and learns about their journeys.
Meanwhile, Jennifer started her career in the corporate world in sales & marketing. But in 2015, she resigned from her high-paying advertising sales job to start her first business and officially became an entrepreneur—something she always knew deep down was her calling.
After some serious financial struggles and major life pivots, Jennifer had an "aha-moment" while on a run with Michael. From her idea, their business—His & Her Bar—was born.
Their friends often tell them that their relationship is #couplegoals, but these two claim that while they find this flattering, the truth is a strong, healthy relationship—just like a thriving business—takes work. Here are some of the tantilizing business and relationship tips they shared with us in their interview:
- 10:05 | Corporate culture isn’t for everyone. There’s nothing wrong with you. You may be meant for entrepreneurship instead.
- 16:46 | Things happen for a reason. You have the choice whether to interpret it as good or bad for your life.
- 20:53 | Do your research, go all in and don’t leave a stone unturned. Cold call. Knock on doors. Do what you have to do—especially when you have nothing left to lose.
- 29:00 | Sometimes you have to get away from everything and everyone else to grow stronger together.
- 33:28 | Recognize when you need to pivot and do it right away. Don’t wait or let your ego get in the way. Pivoting is not quitting.
- 37:59 | Write down your intentions—even if you don’t fully know what they mean yet.
- 39:53 | Don’t always share your idea when it’s in the infant stages because you may or may not like people’s opinions. And a lot of the time if you get people’s opinions too early on, it can keep you from starting a business in the first place.
- 47:39 | Stay open to shifting your marketing, your messaging and your branding based on your customer feedback.
- 49:40 | Be minimal in expenses. Don’t overbuy your inventory up front.
- 54:00 | Do what feels in alignment with you. Don’t make sales from a lack or scarcity mindset. Do what excites you and what lights you up.
- 1:03:00 | Realize your strengths and your partner’s strengths. Then, play into those and appreciate them.
Passion, pivoting, love, and resilience were simply overflowing with these two and we know you’ll adore them as much as we do. Tune in now!
More From Our Couple
- Learn more about Jennifer & Michael’s business, His & Her Bar.
- Listen to Michael’s podcast, Mr. Wine Guy Podcast.
Jennifer & Michael
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com | Instagram: @hisandherbar | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hisandherbar/ & https://www.facebook.com/themrwineguy/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/hisandherbar
Mixing Business with Pleasure
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Instagram: @mbwp_podcast | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MBWPPodcast/
One last thing before you go...
If you’d like to sponsor or advertise with Mixing Business with Pleasure, let’s talk.