Ep. 9 - Kim & Ryan Christopher - Guided by Hope & Good Food
Married co-owners, Ryan & Kim Christopher are entrepreneurs a few times over. They’re also accomplished athletes, homeschooling parents and chicken raisers from Kansas City. They’re currently on their second go-around as business owners, running a tangible branding company called Anything on Anything. We hope you’ll join us today for some nutty fun as we dive into their success in business and in marriage. And don’t worry, there are plenty of tips, hope & good food to go around!
- 12:35 | Understand the why for your clients or customers. Get into the details and find out what they are really looking for from your product or service.
- 17:14 | Even if your business is virtual, partner with local business associations.
- 19:50 | For business owners sending welcome packages or swag to customers, also consider the box you’re sending everything in and remember it can be customized and branded, too—which makes a huge impression!
- 21:30 | Keep networking. Continually meet more people—even virtually—who want to talk about their business and hear about yours because you never know where those connections will lead.
- 27:30 | Recognize the expectations you are putting on your partner in marriage and in business and change the ones that are unfair.
- 33:58 | If the decision to work with your spouse feels right for you, you’ll find a way to make it work. Don’t be deterred by others saying they could never do it.
- 37:48 | Stay in your lane and let your partner excel at what they do.
- 38:34 | Intentionally make time for yourself and time to connect with each other outside of the business.
- 44:10 | Whether it’s homeschooling your kids or working with a spouse, it’s not for everyone. Go with whatever your calling is and don’t judge other people for theirs.
- 55:17 | Your kids get the inside look at the good and bad of owning a business and it’s important to involve them and remind them why you’re doing what you’re doing.
- 1:00:30 | Team sports can teach you a lot about being an entrepreneur—you can’t be selfish, you have to show up, you have to do the work, you have to rely on others, and you have to give it your all... even when you don’t want to.
- 1:02:35 | As a business owner, you have to develop your people, care for them and coach them up.
- 1:08:46 | You can be together a lot and still give each other space and respect each other’s individual passions and time.
- 1:10:10 | Find who you are and who you are meant to be. Then, truly be that person regardless of what others think.
- 1:11:49 | Enjoy your time together and don’t sweat the small stuff!
- 1:16:14 | You can be committed to your business and what you’re doing now, but still be flexible enough to pivot if and when the time comes.
- Learn more about Ryan & Kim’s business, Anything on Anything.
- Learn more about Ryan’s business, QuadMeets.