Ep. 8 - Part 1 - Brent Weaver & Emily Pramik - Client, Turned Lover, Turned Business Partner
Brent Weaver & Emily Pramik epitomize mixing business with pleasure - they met while Emily was Brent’s client in his previous business. These two are married entrepreneurs and parents who are incredibly supportive of each other in all aspects of their life—from love to family to work to fun. And while they both love and adore each other and their work, they also know how to prioritize recharging and pursuing personal passions. So come and take a ride with these two today!
- 14:28 | Pursue what you love doing. Emily pursued a career as an artist.
- 15:36 | Don’t manage your spouse if they work for the business. Create a system where they work with and report to someone else.
- 18:05 | Establish boundaries when you can talk about the business and when it’s time to put business aside.
- 24:46 | Whether formally set up or not, your spouse is a partner in your business.
- 26:35 | Find ways not to bring the stress of work into the house and be aware when you do, so you can make shifts.
- 27:38 | It helps tremendously to have a close friend that you can confide in and look for advice from who is also an entrepreneur, but isn’t your spouse or related to your business.
- Learn more about Brent’s business, UGURUS.
- Listen to the Digital Agency Owner Podcast.
- Learn more about the non-profit Ethiopia Reads.