Ep. 8 - Part 2 - Brent Weaver & Emily Pramik - Employee, Spouse, Business Partner & Parent
During the second part of our conversation with Brent Weaver and Emily Pramik, we learn more about their current business, UGurus. Brent and Emily talk about how they are able to balance Emily's jewelry business, 2 young children, and of course their marriage. All while growing UGurus toward their mission of helping 10,000 agency owners achieve freedom in their business and life.
- 1:19 | You have to take the opportunities when they are presented to you
- 3:12 | To know what to prioritize and when to pivot, just follow the money.
- 9:27 | If it’s hard for you to completely unplug from your business while on vacation, have a pre-scheduled agreed upon time in the day to briefly check-in and work on urgent stuff to keep your pulse on everything. Then, move on and focus on your spouse or your family.
- 19:22 | you have to support your spouse in whatever brings them fulfillment and happiness
- 24:14 | You need to have dedicated, scheduled date nights to take a break from the business and dedicate time to yourselves.
- 28:50 | Create boundaries for when you talk about business, but don’t be too rigid with those rules, so that they don’t become a source of stress.
- Learn more about Brent’s business, UGURUS.
- Listen to the Digital Agency Owner Podcast.
- Learn more about the non-profit Ethiopia Reads.